College Charter & Policies
The purpose of our charter is to inform about the services we provide and the standards we expect while enabling us to make continuing improvements and maintain high standards in all we do.
- We aim to provide a balanced curriculum that offers personal challenges, development and encourages self-discipline.
- We are determined to enhance our reputation as a college of high standards and excellent results.
- We strive to attract and retain staff of the highest calibre.
Our commitment to equal opportunities
- We are committed to securing genuine equality of opportunity for all staff and students.
- Our underlying principle is for students of various ability and race to have an equal opportunity to fulfil their ambition of a career in dance and/or musical theatre.
- We are committed to achieving a welcoming and supportive environment for all staff, students and other users.
Our charter commitments to our students
We will provide:
- Professional, committed and specialist staff.
- Appropriate facilities and learning resources for your course of study.
- A pleasant and caring environment where you will receive equal treatment in line with our equal opportunities statement.
- Advice and guidance in educational, career, financial and personal issues, with further referral where necessary.
- Clear and concise documentation on your rights and responsibilities.
- A prompt response to any problems relating to your studies at the College.
- Clear and fair complaints and disciplinary procedures.
Policies, Procedures and Key Documents
As part of our overall governance process, BIMM Institute produces a range of policies and procedures that cover key areas of our operation and the student interest. These policies are detailed here, and they are regularly reviewed to ensure they remain current and fit for purpose.
- Academic Regulations (PDF)
- Bullying & Harassment Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Covid-19 No Detriment Policy (PDF)
- Ethical Approval Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- FE Academic Misconduct Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- FE Assessment & Marking Procedures (PDF)
- FE Internal Verification Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- FE Registration & Certification Procedure (PDF)
- FE Special Consideration & Reasonable Adjustment Procedure (PDF)
- Fitness To Study Policy (PDF)
- HE Internal Course Transfer Procedure (PDF)
- HE Validated Internal Course Transfer Procedure (PDF)
- Online Learning Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Policy On Recording Of Lessons (PDF)
- Sexual Misconduct Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Student Charter (PDF)
- Student Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Student Disciplinary Procedure (PDF)
- Student Engagement Policy (PDF)
- Student Induction & Enrolment Policy (PDF)
- Student Intellectual Property Policy (PDF)
- Student Representation Scheme (PDF)
- Student Social Media Policy (PDF)
- Student Support Policy (PDF)
Ready to start your training with us?
Our admissions team is always available to answer your questions. Just call 01375 672 053 or email [email protected].