Performers College is fully committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This Privacy Notice contains the relevant information regarding how we collect and use your personal data or personal information about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We, Performers College, are the “data controllers” for the purposes of GDPR and we will ensure that, when processing data we will:
- • Process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear and transparent way
- • Collect data only for legitimate reasons that are clear to you
- • Only use it in the way that we have informed you
- • Ensure that it is up to date and correct
- • Only keep it for as long as we need it
- • Process it in a way that ensures it will not be lost, destroyed, or used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to
“Personal data” or “personal information” means any information relating to an identified, or identifiable individual, such as name, identification number, location data or online identifier. It could also include one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of the individual.
There are “special categories” of sensitive personal data that refer to data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health conditions, sex life or sexual orientation, genetic data, and biometric data which require a higher level of protection.
Information we may need to obtain/hold on you:
- • Personal contact details, including name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses
- • Date of birth
- • Bank account & payment details
- • Copies of identification/passport details
- • Education, professional qualifications/memberships, insurance details, references, DBS certificates
- • Photographs & video footage
- • Relevant correspondence
How we keep your information secure:
We have implemented security procedures, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- • Unauthorised access
- • Improper use or disclosure
- • Unauthorised modification
All employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of our students and all other users.
Access to data:
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you may request to inspect/have a copy, subject to requirements of the GDPR, of information we hold. This is called a Subject Access Request. To make a Subject Access Request, you will need to apply in writing and provide adequate proof of identity e.g. a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence.
At any time, you may request that we delete or correct your personal information.
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations without your specific consent.
Our Privacy Notice applies to current and former students, users and customers.
We regularly review our Privacy Notice and may make occasional changes. Any changes made will be publicised. This Privacy Notice was last reviewed on 5th June 2018.