PERFORMERS COLLEGE is an independent Further Education College for the Performing Arts.
Situated in Essex, just off the M25 motorway, we are well placed for easy access to the many theatres and TV studios in and around London.
The impressive looking, purpose designed and built, performing arts centre is extremely well appointed and has some of the best facilities in the country. Costing in excess of £2,000,000, it has twelve dance and drama studios, three music studios, pilates studio, a library/computer centre, a fully equipped gymnasium and physiotherapy department.
The building is wheelchair friendly and is fully accessible by the disabled. There is also a designated 100 space car park for the sole use of the College.
The philosophy guiding the underlying principles of Performers College is for students of various ability and race to have an equal opportunity to fulfil their ambition of a career in dance and/or musical theatre. The College places emphasis on providing a balanced curriculum that offers personal challenges, development and encourages self-discipline in a safe, protective learning environment.
1. To regularly review course structure, curriculum and teaching quality to ensure standards of achievement are high and are relevant to the intended profession.
2. To provide the necessary facilities and a high calibre of staff.
3. To provide guidance and support to both staff and students.
4. To ensure that continual challenges are presented in order to raise personal standards.
5. To provide staff with a suitable working environment and encourage continued professional development.
6. To ensure graduates have achieved a level of attainment that allows successful and varied employment with an awareness for continual professional development.
The course curriculum is designed to meet the needs of the intended profession and allows for future trends. Performers College offers the choice of two diplomas; The Diploma in Professional Dance and The Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre. These courses are validated by Trinity College, London and are accredited at level 6 on The National Qualifications Framework. Trinity College has links with Middlesex University to give students the opportunity to convert their Diploma to a B.A. (Hons) Degree after graduation. Performers College also offer a one year Pre-Vocational course. This course allows students to strengthen their technical skills in all genre and prepares them for a three year vocational training programme.